Position Description & Duties
Promotes certification activities for the state council, SHRM affiliated chapters and their members.
The State Council Director
- Facilitate State & Chapter programming resource information & ensure that information regarding speakers, content, & related materials are made available to all Chapters.
- Serves as a voting member of the state council and is expected to attend and participate in all meetings of the council.
- Reports to the state director on a regular basis concerning activities promoting certification throughout the state.
- Promotes the primary certification of human resource professionals through the SHRM Institute (SHRM).
- Promotes the partnering of chapters and universities to conduct certification preparation courses using the university-based SHRM Learning System.
- Promotes the certification of human resource professionals through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
- Promotes the formation of chapter study programs to facilitate the certification of chapter members.
- Encourages the certification of council members.
- Develops communication programs in and about certification (e.g. topical, process, re-certification, issues, etc.).
- Identify individuals who demonstrate effective leadership roles within the district for potential leadership involvement on the council.
- Must be a SHRM member in good standing. SHRM certification required.
- Appointment is made by the state council director
- Self-directed work style
- Effective customer service skills
- Initiative to build relationships with Chapter leaders and position self as a resource
- Team orientation
- Ability to advocate for chapter and council
- Ability to recruit potential WISHRM council members
Serves a one-year term beginning the first day of January and ending the last day of December. May be reappointed for two additional one-year terms for a total service of three years.
Back to Board of Directors